Benefits for All Members
- “Newsletter Archive,” a collection of publications honored for excellence by the Dog Writers Association of America, fosters a global information sharing and advocacy network, linking together more than 300 assistance dog providers and thousands of assistance dog teams on five continents.
- International helpline for partners, programs and others with questions on assistance dog issues.
- Advocacy work by the IAADP Board and membership on behalf of the assistance dog movement.
- New member packet appropriate to membership category.
Cosequin/Dasuquin, Welactin and Denosyl now available in the USA to IAADP Members, directly from Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Services, Inc.
To receive any of these Nutramax products your vet must contact Nutramax and request the product(s) needed for your canine. Your vet will need a copy of your IAADP membership card to verify your IAADP membership. The product(s) requested will then be sent directly to your home address.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Contacting Nutramax on your own will void your IAADP membership. Please contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This is a discount program, NOT insurance. IAADP members will receive a 25% discount off medical services at participating veterinarians, as well as other benefits for your assistance dog and other pets in the home. Your cost is $59.00 per year, which is a huge discount over their normal family plan fee.
Established in 1995, PetAssure is America’s Veterinary Discount Plan. As an alternative or in addition to pet insurance, PetAssure helps pet owners like you save on veterinary care.
PetAssure members save 25% at participating veterinarians on all in-house medical services, including:
- Office Visits
- Dental Work
- Spay & Neuter
- Emergency Visits
It’s simple: since PetAssure is not insurance there are no forms to fill out, no waiting for reimbursements, and no denials of coverage. All pets in your household are covered regardless of age, breed, type or pre-existing condition!
PetAssure has participating veterinarians in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Search for a veterinarian near you at www.petassure.com.
PetAssure also includes a 24/7 Lost Pet Recovery Service from ThePetTag.
HOW IT WORKS:
Sign up for PetAssure at a reduced rate using the IAADP promo code. Please contact Dana at: email@example.com for the promo code.
Present your IAADP membership card at any participating veterinarian.
Receive 25% off all in-house medical services right at the time of service, at every appointment.
Please contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Benefits for Partner Members in the USA
- To be eligible for Partner Member benefits, you must be a person with a disability:
Working with a trained adult guide, hearing or service dog from a Provider; or
- Working with a guide, hearing or service dog, owner-trained to perform tasks mitigating the Partner’s disability. Training must be at least six months (120 hours) of schooling on obedience, manners and tasks in accordance with IAADP Minimum Training Standards for Public Access prior to enrollment.
For those working with more than one assistance dog, IAADP’s agreement with corporate sponsors makes Partner members eligible for benefits for only one dog annually. Some benefits have a link to a secondary webpage which will give you important information about how to obtain that IAADP benefit and provide information for your veterinarian as well.
- Free Cosequin, Dasuquin, Welactin and/or Denosyl from Nutramax Laboratories
- Pet Assure – 25% discount off medical services at participating veterinarians and other benefits for your assistance dog plus all other pets in the home, too, if you join for $59 per year, which is a huge discount over their normal family plan fee.
- 10% discount on Rabies Titer Test processed by the Kansas State Veterinary Laboratory
- 20% Discount on The Raspberry Field products
- Free enrollment in AKC Reunite Program
- 50% discount on the purchase of Muttluks dog boots (shipping not included)
- 10% discount on the purchase of Mutt Muffs
- A grant of financial aid may be available in the USA when a member’s veterinarian applies on behalf of a client for an assistance dog requiring veterinary care for a major veterinary problem beyond the partner’s ability to pay, if the case meets the criteria listed. See guidelines on IAADP’s Veterinary Care Partnership (VCP) Program for details.
Some benefits are also available in Canada. Partner members in other countries are encouraged to contact companies in their geographic region to establish partnerships similar to those in the USA and Canada. The goal is to decrease the financial burden assumed by those seeking partnership with guide, hearing and service dogs.
- Muttluks discount Muttluks Information.
- 20% Discount on Raspberry Field products
- Countries outside of North America
- Muttluks discount Muttluks Information.
THESE BENEFITS ARE NOT FOR PETS, PUPPIES, DOGS IN TRAINING OR RETIRED WORKING DOGS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please understand that IAADP cannot guarantee the availability of any benefit. We recognize that the gift-giving policies of any corporation are subject to change. Also, adjustments to a delivery system, a change to the phone number or a contact person may be required from time to time. It will take time to update members through the website benefits section and/or the newsletter. Contact IAADP at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-54-IAADP (888-544-2237) if you have any questions and do not find the information you seek in the article for each benefit in this Benefits section.
- For answers to any benefits questions, PLEASE DO NOT contact any sponsor. Contact IAADP’s Membership Coordinator by e-mail at email@example.com. To continue receiving benefits, IAADP must have current information. If you change address, phone number or e-mail address, please register changes with the Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to obtain benefits for your successor dog, contact our Membership Coordinator. You will need to supply information such as the name, breed and birth date of the successor dog at email@example.com
- Please remember that all benefits must be obtained through your veterinarian, with the exception of the Muttluks discount and The Raspberry Field discount.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OUR SPONSORS DIRECTLY OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO REMAIN AN IAADP MEMBER.
If you would to express your thanks to our sponsors, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org